What Should You Do If You’re Losing Hearing Due To Your Job?

What do you do if you think you might have a hearing loss as a result of your job?

The first thing you do is you go to an audiologist or an ENT (Ear Nose & Throat Specialist) and you get hearing testing to find out whether you in fact have a hearing loss and what the cause is.

The next thing you need to do is call an experienced attorney, who can look at those records and decided whether your level of hearing loss is sufficient to meet the requirements under the act and whether there could be enough evidence to prove your hearing loss is related to your work activities. It’s not going to be enough to just say ‘my work is loud’, you’re going to have to prove what makes it loud, and how loud it is. We may have to get an expert to go in and do some noise studies.

It’s a complicated issue. Calling an attorney is a good step, too.

The advice offered above is general in nature and may not be applicable to every case. Consultation with an attorney is highly recommended. Reliance on this advice does not represent the formation of an attorney-client relationship in the absence of a fee agreement with Mr. Hillsberg.